GIMP 2.8 Python Plugin.
Copy and move the selected area to a new layer in the same position.
This function is similar to the functions with the same names in Photoshop, and more powerful. Unlike them, it can copy/cut content, not just from one layer, but also from the layer groups. In Photoshop, this is not possible
I hope this plug-in will be useful for someone else.Installation Instructions:
1. Extract "layer-via-copy-cut.py" from .zip archive to the ".../.gimp-2.x/plug-ins/" directory.
2. Make sure that the extracted file is executable.
3. If you are already running GIMP, close and reopen it.
This plugin requires Python!
If you have the "Filters > Python-Fu > Console" menu item you are all set. If not, install Python support for GIMP.Version History:v1.6 (09.01.2014)
- Over 35% speedup.
- Some code improvements.v1.5 (04.06.2012)
- Added automatic cache cleanup.
- Fixed bug with non-rectangular selection.v1.4 (04.06.2012)
- The new layer/group is created above the original, and not at the top of the stack.
- Some code improvements.v1.3 (01.06.2012)
- Initial release.My other plugins:Create Layer Mask from...Duplicate to another ImagePlace Layer into SelectionScale Layer to Image Size
The latest versions of the plugins
you also can download from: